Thursday 16 July 2015

cohorted // july 2015


cohorted // £19.99

inside the box: nails inc matte nail polish in gatwick, st tropez gradual tan firming plus lotion, diego dalla palma snow white & the huntsman palette and a 50ml gucci flora body lotion.
as a general rule, i don't bother with beauty boxes. they're almost always underwhelming - but then cohorted showed up and i was interested. four high-end products in a one-off box and, as a complete label whore, i loved what i saw in all previous month's boxes. super high expectations here.

 HOWEVER

guess this month they've decided to cut corners - the nail inc polish is in pre-rebrand packaging, and the palette is a tie-in with a film that came out in 2012 (aaaand i already have one that i've never used & am selling off in my blog sale, yikes). the body lotion looks like the type you get in a gift set along with a perfume, and although it smells better than most, it doesn't deliver much actual moisture. luckily the one product i'm completely happy with receiving, the st tropez gradual tan, pretty much covers the price of the beauty box on its own if it weren't available for half the price online. do i sound bitter?

*sorry if i sound pretty (probably unjustifiably) pissed off , i promise i'm really nice in person

12 comments:

  1. st tropez gradual tan is amazing and you will love it, but I agree...feels like they didnt try hard enough.

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of these before, such a shame it seems to be filled with old products.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually not up for beauty boxes... however, sorry to hear yours was a disappointment. At least they got one product right :) xx Maja
    ❤ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a lot of people have been disappointed with this box for the reasons you've said! Pity as the last few months had been so good!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is a little disappointing, however, the matte formula of the nails inc polish intrigues me!

    NJCDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well lets just hope the next one is better, maybe they ran out of ideas this month, but good thing is you liked something from it.
    http://artadorned.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, hopefully it's just a one off, I have never really been interested in these boxes maybe it's a good thing :P

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'A Month in the Life of....'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's fine for you to be miffed with this box. I wouldn't like to buy a box of nice things and find old products. <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    Moved to: http://www.heybash.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely the same, I always worry with subscription boxes I won't like everything. Better luck next month maybe?

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaha atleast you were honest. I've always told myself to get into beauty boxes but could never be bothered, I can totally imagine them being underwhelming and not very useful.

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love honest reviews like this! I decided to subscribe to a beauty box myself and was disappointed with their first box so I immediately unsubscribed! x

    touchofgucci.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete